Walking Off the Pounds
Make sure to take these tips with you when walking for exercise.
Tip #1: Drink Plenty of Water
- Too little can cause dehydration and mineral inbalances that make muscles more susceptible to injury.
- Drink 12-16 ounces 10 minutes before you get moving.
- Take a bottle with you and try to drink 8 ounces every 20 minutes or so.
- After your walk, gulp down 12-16 ounces of water while relaxing on the porch.
Tip #2: Do some breathing exercises before and after
- It'll ease yor stress levels, helping you focus more on your walk.
- More fucous, less injury.
Tip #3: No cell phones
- You need all your breaths for walking so your back muscles protect your spine from the impact of walking.
- Loks tacky anyway :)
Tip#4: Stand tall in your stride
- Good posture keeps the body in alignment, preventing neck, shoulder and back aches.
- Check out The Walkers Warehouse for the perfect walking shoes.